It has been awhile since I’ve posted some of the stuff we’ve been up to. Here goes:
- Our homeschool group’s annual Mother/Daughter, Father/Son basketball game. I played for the moms, but I’m not posting any pics here 🙂 Robbie played with Nate and it was awesome to see him running up and down that court!!
- My niece Caroline was with us for the day and she had fun making brownie bites with Betsy.
- While the boys went on a fishing weekend with my brother recently (no pics, but they caught some!), Betsy & I went on a field trip to a local organic farm. It was so neat – we got to see all the animals and taste fresh cow’s milk, goat’s milk, and butter!
- A few nights ago we heard a crying sound coming from somewhere. I thought that a bird had gotten into my dryer and was being tossed around. When I let the cat out and he started crawling toward something with that predatory stare, I saw a baby squirrel just crying his little heart out. We had to wait out the hard rain, but eventually we put him in a knothole in a tree and haven’t seen him since. I hope he found his momma.
- Finally, today we traveled to Memphis on another field trip (one of the neat things about homeschooling is the freedom to do more things like this). We went to see an IMAX movie about the Grand Canyon at the Pink Palace Museum, then to the Botanic Gardens for a picnic, koi feeding, and classes. It was a nice gorgeous day and we had such a great time (and learned a lot, too)!